Jan 17, 2021
Day 12 of 100 Days to Offload
At the end of every week we do a retrospective at work. We go over what happened over the week and then see what could be done better and what we should keep doing. I think it would be good to do something similar but on a personal level.
Zuko Picture of the Week
- I don’t know what happened this week. It seemed like a blur to me.
- Continued on with learning Japanese! I’ve been “immersing” every day, at least one episode of anime per day
- My focus at work this week was not as good… I think I work better when I’m in the Zoom call with my co-workers all day. That was an experiment gone wrong
- Tried installing Manjaro on my Chromebook… It did not work. I think I need to remove the physical protection from the hardrive. I don’t want Manjaro that badly. I might just gift it to someone.
- Installed i3-gaps on my desktop! I’m highly debating switching to a single monitor setup. I love how it looks.
What I Could Do Better
- Get better sleep! Every day this week I was exhausted. My cat kept waking me up extremely early every day which just set me up for failure. I hope to be in bed by 11pm.
- Need to keep going to the Zoom calls with my co-workers!
2021 Goals Review
- Lose weight
- I did bad with eating out this week. I ate out three times. Argh. I cooked a bunch of chili but I always eat the first round and then don’t eat the rest…
- I’ve been moving more, doing some Fitness Blender and Blogilates videos every day. Man, I get sore easily.
- Read more
- I lost interest in the book I was reading. I need to find a good book…
- Eat out less
- Ack, this was bad! I ate out more this week! I need to get stop. Save money
- I fell into the allure of the limited editions. I bought a Shiba retro pen, I couldn’t help it… It was so cute.
- Waste less time
- I’m bad at guarding my personal time. But I think it can be a little hard to balance priorities, you know? I don’t want to be a total social shut in because I want to get productive
- I did good in that there wasn’t a day when I was just twiddling my thumbs looking for something to do. I like how Japanese requires a lot of effort and therefore, more time. I can always go to it if I ever have any down time
This Week’s Tunes (by playcount)
- ALONE EN LA VIDA by L’Arc~en~Ciel
- LIFE by YUI
- Unrequited Love by Capsule
- 軽蔑と始まり by DIR EN GREY
- 砂上、燃ユ。残像 by downy
- KISS by L’Arc~en~Ciel
- Tierra by L’Arc~en~Ciel
- True by L’Arc~en~Ciel
- 第七作品集『無題』 by downy
- The Insulated World by DIR EN GREY