Mar 6, 2016
Disclaimer: This “review”/blog series is NOT sponsored in any way and all opinions are entirely of my own.
Day 17: Total Body
Okay, this is the first time I have skipped a day and had to make it up. I didn’t feel too guilty about skipping yesterday because I had spin class, which is two (maybe even three) times as long and 234204398 times harder than these workouts. I enjoy spin class though, don’t get me wrong! It’s the only “real” cardio I do, unless you count Cassey’s occasional four minute cardio videos. Also, I brisquely walked around for an hour. I was craving food and the cheapest and least caloric food is Wendy’s (I love their $2 small chilies) which is quite a walk away and I had to get to class on time so I sped walk there and back. So yeah, the guilt was basically non-existent. I got home, ate supper, and literally went to bed at 8 and fell asleep around 9. I was pooped for some reason!
Anyway, overall, this “day” was pretty okay. A couple of hard moves but I think I can feel myself getting stronger and being more capable of performing everything. Not to say that I don’t occasionally pause the video anymore, but I can feel it getting easier.
Video 1: Fat Burning Cardio Warmup
What I like about this video is that it’s relatively quiet. I got up at 6 this morning and did these exercises as quietly as possible and was still able to get my heart rate up and my skin sweating! Since I’ve done this warmup before, I won’t describe all the moves. I can’t really pick a favourite one or a least favourite one. I guess I don’t really understand the squat curl. Like on a philosophical level. Did that make sense?
Video 2: 5 Best Exercises to Flatten Your Lower Belly
“Best exercises,” okay. I really need this video in my life, probably. I’ve been trying to flatten my belly for years and ultimately, this is what my fitness kick is trying to accomplish! Also, I do not recommend abs/belly exercises right after you eat a big meal. Do not do it.
- Double Leg Lift: Cassey really loves her double leg lifts! I think I’ve gotten used to them. This move can go on forever though.
- Reverse Crunch: Okay, this move was interesting. I did enjoy it a bit but it kind of hurt on my way down.
- Heel Clicks: Ridiculously simple but it gets tiring really easily! I tried my best to go as low as I could but darn, it gets harder as you get lower!
- Cheerleader L’s: I hate this one! It’s pretty hard for me to keep my balance and keep my shoulders off the mat. Not going to lie, I had to resort to the beginner’s modification.
- Rocket: The rocket was also hard. This one hurt a lot. It felt like my shoulders were digging into the ground. I probably just need practice.
Video 3: Muffin top Massacre
With “massacre” in the title, I really was expecting worse. But I didn’t get it! Which was surprising. For some reason I wondered why a lot of these moves were targeted to muffin tops… I don’t even know if I have muffin tops.
- Elegant Candlestick: This was a pretty good move. It felt like a stretch more than anything. I really pictured the candlestick from “Beauty and the Beast” while doing this move.
- Truck Drivers: Another pretty good move! I love the truck driver analogy. It did get tiring but I didn’t feel it as much as the other moves. The burn was less but it totally drained some of my stamina.
- Caressing Side Squeezers: This was hard but I mostly made it through! Lifting myself up is the hardest part about this move, which is basically what the move is. So the hardest part was the entire thing.
- Obliquatories and Flexed Obliquatories: Keeping my lower leg lifted proved to be a challenge so I just kept it on the floor for most of the move. My legs definitely hurt more than whatever this move was supposed to work. Also, I’m not sure if the name of the move is a pun or not but I approve.