Feb 20, 2016
Disclaimer: This “review”/blog series is NOT sponsored in any way and all opinions are entirely of my own.
Day 3: Total Body
Today’s workout starts off with 10 burpees. I will admit, I haven’t done burpees since junior high school and I totally forgot how to do them. Unlike yesterday with the sit-ups, I didn’t know how to do them at all. Like I had no notion of what a burpee was. So I had to look it up. Once I read the description, my junior high school gym classes suddenly came flooding back to me. I hated burpees back then and I still do now. In the end I opted for Fitness Blender’s silent burpees because I’m on the second floor and my parents were sleeping in the basement. Also it was almost midnight.
Video 1: Bubble Butt Workout
This video is around 9 minutes long and surprisingly only has three moves. There are a little more reps for each workout though, and that’s for each leg.
- Toe to ceiling pulse: At first this started out easy but it got a little tiring near the end. I made it though!
- Hammy curl: This one I felt like I was on the verge of cramping up so I admit I did not clench as hard as I should have.
- Grashopper: I could not do these at all! It felt like I was doing them but my legs probably lifted maybe half a centimeter off the floor.
Video 2: Total Body Workout with Ana Caban
In this video, Cassey brings on a guest Pilates instructor, Ana Caban. I’m guessing Ana is big in the pilates world because Cassey was fangirling over her a bit. It was kind of cute to see! There isn’t a big difference between Cassey and Ana other than Cassey is more talkative. Their moves are approximately around the same level.
- Roll up: I’ve come to like roll ups a lot. Maybe it’s because it’s the only move I can do!
- 1 Legged Teaser Twist: I just did these and I don’t remember what they were… I had to rewatch the beginning of the video, haha. This move looks so graceful! I think this is one of the easier moves in this video.
- Kneeling Side Series: This is very similar to one of the moves from yesterday, I think (I don’t remember which one exactly). It’s not hard, it’s just hard to resist giving up, haha! My legs tend to get tired easily doing moves like these.
- Half Cobra Pushup: Cassey herself said these were pretty simple but doing a lot of them in a row gets tough. Unfortunately, Casey doesn’t exactly let it get to that point in the video.
- Banana and Banana Teaser Twist: It was really hard keeping my balance for these moves and because of that, I wasn’t doing them properly. I felt zero tension in my body doing these.
- Double Leg Lift: This one was actually an okay move! When it comes to the pilates stance, my neck tends to hurt a lot. It’s most likely because I’m not doing it right and lifting with my neck and not my abs but I’m not sure how to do that exactly.
What I did differently today was watch the videos once or twice before actually starting the workout. I had to be somewhere really early in the morning and I didn’t have time to do the workout then so I just downloaded the videos and watched them on my commute. When I got home later that evening, I made up the skeleton of this post, as I noted all the different exercises before hand. This was my second exposure to the workout. I splurged on food today so I didn’t actually get to working out until late night since my stomach was so full for what felt like hours (I almost ate one pound of calories today, r.i.p. me).
This day I think was purposefully easier. Probably because Cassey (accurately) anticipated how sore my abs were from yesterday! It was a good boost in motivation.
The only downside is that I should not have had a glass of water literally minutes before starting this. My stomach felt full and uncomfortable throughout the whole thing but I wanted to get it done before midnight. Never again.