Feb 21, 2016
Disclaimer: This “review”/blog series is NOT sponsored in any way and all opinions are entirely of my own.
Day 4: Lower Body
The little preamble for today in the calendar simply said to drink a glass of 8 oz of water. I have no idea what 8 oz looks like. Or how much any other measurements of liquids look like for that matter. So I just drank a regular glass of water.
I was definitely wondering why there was no simple warm up today and then I clicked to see the videos. There are three videos today. Oh. That’s why!
Video 1: Cardio Warm Up
This first video isn’t exactly pilates but is something out of like a dance workout DVD. It’s very high energy (it is cardio after all) and it totally got me sweating a little. There are no named moves in this workout, Cassey just speeds through them all, which is understandable.
Video 2: Inner Thighs
This video is a bit of fun! Cassey lets a few of her fans come on screen for this session. On my first viewing of this video, I really inspected each of the fans in the background. It was a little bit relieving to see some more faces. There was this one girl who was absolutely adorable, she looked like she was struggling but she did it all with a smile on her face! She’s laugh every single time she was straining, haha!
- Frogger: I feel like I’ve gotten better at holding my legs in midair! I definitely felt this one though.
- Froggy Heel Kicks: At first it seems really simple but legs got tired fast!
- Frogger Heel Touch: A variant of frogger, obviously. It’s harder so I prefer plain old vanilla frogger.
- Inner Thigh Side Raise: This was hard! The position of the foot is a little weird and I slipped up a couple of times but when I didn’t, I felt it.
- Inner Thigh Lift: Another hard move but not nearly as hard as the previous one. My legs tire easily apparently…
- Pile Squat Pulses: Squats make me nervous so I was not looking forward to this one. It actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be!
Video 3: How to do a Handstand
I skipped this video as I’m not really interested in doing a handstand. I’m way too scared to try and attempt it! Maybe I should have done it but eh.
I feel so accomplished, this was the first day where I didn’t have to pause the video or take a couple seconds of rest during a move. I made it from start to finish! I’m not sure if it’s because I’m getting used to it or if Cassey made this day deliberately easy like yesterday. I hope it’s the former. I actually enjoy doing this when I can actually do it!