Feb 24, 2016
Disclaimer: This “review”/blog series is NOT sponsored in any way and all opinions are entirely of my own.
Day 7: Rest Day
Thank goodness for the rest day. Technically there is 30 minutes left of day 7 and I feel like I should be doing something. So I’m searching for some quick videos to do before midnight hits. I can’t believe I’ve done a week of this already! Here’s to four more weeks!
Video 1: Two Ingredient Banana Pancakes
I didn’t try these mostly because I had ate all of my calories by the time I got to doing the calendar. I’ve heard many mixed reviews about these “pancakes.” They’re simply just eggs and banana fried together. It sounds really weird and I’m doubting whether or not they actually taste good. I’m a horrible cook but I would like to try them one day.
Video 2: Quiet Cardio Workout (FitnessBlender)
Okay, today I cheated. Today is a “rest day” after all! I didn’t feel good about not doing any workouts today. I had to do something, at least. It’s nearly midnight now and I decided to do a quiet workout since most of the house is asleep. There are 10 exercises in this workout, repeated twice for a total of around 20 minutes.
- 4 Torso Twists & 2 Kicks: This is an easy move but it got my heart pumping right away!
- X Squats: I hate X squats so much! They’re not hard but really tiring. I was breathing pretty heavily at this point.
- Deadlift Jacks: I actually like this one except I didn’t have enough room to do them in my office (AKA my study room). I tried my best though, and ended up making weird angles.
- Up & Over Steps and Knees: This is another easy one but kind of difficult to do it quietly! I like how these workouts emphasize how quiet you’re trying to be.
- Slow Squats & Hooks: Okay, I hate these too! Do you see a trend here? Squats and planks are not my friends. It kinda feel fun to be punching the air though…
- Quiet Burpees: I did these earlier in the week when one of the days required burpees. It was kind of cheating but I really needed to be quiet that day because I usually exercise at night when everyone is sleeping/falling asleep.
- Arm & Leg Balance Swings: This is an easy exercise. I just have no balance sometimes. I really tried to focus on contracting my arms and legs but I keep forgetting about my core.
- 3 Twists & Knee Ups: I always get confused with the rhythm of this move and I get behind compared to the person on the screen. I think I’m tempted to do four twists instead of three.
- Plank Tucks & Extensions: Planks!!!! My number one enemy. Admittedly, these are the easiest variation of planks that I’ve done this week. I really hate planks. Maybe one day I can do them without complaining…
- Low Lateral Steps: This “completely depends on how quiet you are.” Seriously. Go too fast and you make a lot of noise whenever you put your feet to the ground. I always feel myself gaining momentum. At least the workout ends on an easy note.
“Rest day.” I think every rest day I will still exercise for maybe ten to twenty minutes with someone other than Cassey. Maybe next week I’ll actually try her recipes because I’ve been so hungry lately!
With the cardio workout, I felt like I sweat buckets. It was almost as if I sweat more in this twenty minutes than the entire week! To be fair, there isn’t a lot of cardio in Cassey’s workouts. They mostly focus on strength and toning. I’d like to include more cardio into my week. I already have a spin class every week which is just once a week for 50 minutes. Cassey does sometimes include some cardio but I feel like it’s not enough.
Also, they say that workouts should make you feel awake but as soon as the workout was over, I became instantly tired. Time to hit the hay I guess. I also probably need to eat more whenever I do cardio…