Dec 10, 2020
Day 7 of 100 Days to Offload
I always look forward to the Spotify Wrapped at the end of the year. The statistics Spotify gives aren’t 100% accurate, since there are songs I listen to outside of Spotify (I have last.fm to keep track of those) but the little infographics Spotify gives are quite cute.
This year I was admittedly a little bugged at the fact that I had to see the Spotify Wrapped on the app. I had to fiddle with my phone to get it to work. Not the greatest.
Anywho, here are the results that I’ve gotten from the wrapped:
- Listened to 1,162 new artists
- Top genres:
- Pop: I am pretty anti-pop (cue The Gazette song, Anti-pop) but I will admit that I did listen to a lot of pop this year
- Modern rock: What does “modern rock” even mean? I did listen to a lot of general rock this year, though
- Alternative Metal: Another thing that I’m trying to wrack my brain on. Maybe it’s counting all my Alexisonfire listens
- Art pop: I guess most of the pop I listened to this year (excluding K-pop) has been in, in my opinion, this category so that’s why I was shocked at pop at being my number one category. Or I would classify them as “Indie Pop”
- J-rock: Actually, this is another surprise for me. I didn’t think I listened to much J-rock!
- Listened to 707 genres
- Listened to 352 new genres
- Top songs:
- Young Buck by Braids: SOTY for sure. I’ve been listening to it non-stop since February and it never ceases to make me bop around. I fell in love with it when I first listened to it live last year. When the chorus came on, I immediately grooved to it
- Buwan by Juan Karlos: I don’t remember listening to this song that much. Maybe I listened to it a lot in the beginning of the year
- Speaking Terms by Snail Mail: All the songs off the Lush album are great
- +PARADOX171115+ by CL: One of my favourite songs CL has come out with recently. Good amount of feels and catchy singable lyrics
- Pristine by Snail Mail: I love how “Pristine” sounds like “Cristine” it just adds another dimension to the song
- Top podcast I listened to was PlasticPIlls - Philosophy & Critical Theory Podcast
- I am a “Pioneer” accord to Spotify because I have listened to Protest the Hero’s Mirgant Mother before it hit 50,000 streams
- Listened to the 2000’s the most with Alexisonfire
- Listened to 2,334 artists
- Top artists
- Snail Mail: Lush was the best break up album so I kept listening to that on repeat
- Coheed and Cambria: A given. I love Coheed and Cambria, I listen to them all the time.
- The Weeknd: I was supposed to go to The Weeknd’s concert in Toronto this year. It sadly did not happen.
- Alexisonfire: I went to Alexisonfire’s concert in January, it was great. Not as great as seeing them during the stampede but still.
- Negative Gemini: After seeing her in concert October 2019, I couldn’t stop listening to her songs.
- I was in Snail Mail’s top 0.005% of their listeners in 2020